Monday, October 02, 2006

Black Giant Squirrel in Malaysia


I'll be leaving Bangkok in a few hours, glad to be heading for home. I didn't get any good looks at birds here in Thailand except for a few Ashy Woodswallows at eye-level in Chiangmai perched on an antenna 20 stories above street level. But a Black Giant Squirrel [Ratufa bicolor] that I saw on Penang Hill in Malaysia last week deserves to be my final posting from Asia on this trip. Not only was it extremely handsome, it was huge! I estimate that it was about 3 ft. long, including the tail which must have made up more than half of that length. It behaved very much like American squirrels, including the twitching tail, and hanging by its hind feet to reach a desireable nut.

1 Comments:

At 3:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW

 

Post a Comment

<< Home