Friday, September 21, 2007

Swift habitat in Jakarta

Unfortunately, I can't place a photo of a Palm Swift here (they were too swift for me), but I was watching them from my hotel window today here in Jakarta, and then from below the palm trees in this photo. They were constantly flying near the trees, and even between the fronds, but I never actually saw them land. I think they were of the same species (Asian Palm Swift) that I saw in Malaysia last year. There is precious little habitat suitable for birds in this very crowded city, so I was pleased to find about six different species in the hotel garden.

1 Comments:

At 1:31 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I was very pleased to find this web site. I want to to thank you for ones time just for this wonderful read!! I definitely liked every bit of it and i also have you bookmarked to check out new stuff in your web site. craigslist boise

 

Post a Comment

<< Home