Sunday, January 06, 2008

Ruby-crowned Kinglet's yellow feet

Today my birding activity was confined to my backyard. I set up my WingScapes Birdcam aimed at the suet feeder mostly to try to catch the Townsend's Warbler in the act. I didn't know until this evening when I downloaded the captured images that a Ruby-crowned Kinglet had also stopped in. Unfortunately, he was photographed when he was inside the Starling-proof cage, but I still like the photo because you can see both his red crown stripe and his yellow feet, which are difficult to see when you are trying to watch through binoculars a flitting, hyperactive bird in a shadowy, leafy thicket.

2 Comments:

At 3:41 PM, Blogger JoanN said...

Did you create your starling-proof cage?

 
At 1:00 PM, Blogger FS said...

Yes, I cut and bent a piece of 1-in. by 2-in. mesh hardware cloth into a bubble around the suet feeder, and nailed it to the apple tree.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home