Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Grackle in Oregon, but which one?


A non-birder friend sent me a photo of this bird he said is at his place somewhere between Lapine and Klamath Falls, Oregon.  It looks to me like a Grackle, not a Brewer's Blackbird, because the bill is too long and the head is too blue, etc.  But not having seen the bird myself, I don't have a clear idea of its size.  I saw thousands of Common Grackles during the years I spent living in the eastern U.S., and this bird looks like a Common to me.  But I have not seen many Great-tailed Grackles, so maybe this is a Great-tail, even though the tail is not so great.  I'm interested in hearing other's opinions, or definite i.d. explanations.

1 Comments:

At 10:08 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

Looks like a common Grackle to me! I am headed that way next week. I'll have to keep me eyes open.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home