Monday, November 09, 2009

Camel Cricket

Once again I've been reminded that one of the best ways to learn new things about the natural world is to go exploring with a child. Last Saturday, my 5-yr.-old grandson and I went exploring in the hills near his home in Bend, Oregon. We found this creature under a rotting log, and I recognized it as a cricket. But in my ignorance I thought all crickets have wings, so I did not have answers for some questions that quickly came up. Now, after doing some "digging" on the internet, I believe that this insect (which my grandson quickly identified as a friend) is a Camel Cricket, and as such does not have wings, and thus does not "chirp."

1 Comments:

At 12:55 AM, Anonymous r4i karte said...

Hi there,
I like to play games on my console and in my pc cricket was one of the favorite game of my..
So this blog will also like me....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home